For kids who love animals by a kid who loves animals
1. A female pigeon cannot lay an egg without seeing another pigeon around. (The exception to this is if the pigeon becomes bonded to its owner or an object around it.)
2. A hummingbird is the only bird that can fly backwards and sideways.
3. When a vulture sees a threat, it pukes on its enemy.
4. A bluejay can imitate the sounds of a hawk.
5. The hooded pitohui is a poisonous bird. Touching its skin or feathers causes numbness and tingling.
6. The oldest parrot in the world is 104.
7. The most common bird in the world is the chicken.
8. Nine egg yolks were once found in a single egg.
9. Green herons will sometimes drop an insect into the water and catch the fish that eats the bug.
10. Turkeys can have heart attacks and die from them.